Take a journey through the ages at FBQ Museum, and admire collectibles amassed by Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim over a lifetime.
Located outside the city in a traditional style fort at Al Samriya Farm, the Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum houses the Sheikh’s personal collection, with a body of works including Islamic art, Qatari heritage, vehicles, handmade carpets, and coins & currency, from over four continents. These diverse and eclectic objects tell the story of the museum’s founder, Sheikh Faisal bin Qassim, as well as of humanity in general.
Established in 1998, the Faisal bin Qassim Museum is home to over 15,000 items. The museum’s superb collection features artefacts from the Jurassic age, up to the present day. The museum contains a traditional Syrian home brought in from Damascus and recreated. Fully furnished, it comprises of a courtyard and two living spaces, displaying beautiful tile and lattice work. Two model Qatari homes contain items from Sheikh Faisal’s own home. It is an intensely personal collection, illustrating the founder’s own interests and tastes, and a life rich in experience.
This museum can be visited if you wish to visit with friends and family.
– Comprehensive visit Sheikh Faisal Museum.
– Hold your breath while you Watch the camel training at the camel race track.
– Quick tour at the Equestrian Club to see the royal horse.
9am – 1pm
2pm – 6pm
Daily except Friday only in the afternoon
–Transportation with experience Driver
– Water & Soft Drinks
– English speaking informative Guide
– Museum Entrance Fee : Tickets can be purchased at the museums entrance (** Revised price – from 1st November 2018).
– Adult (18 Years and Above) – QR 45.00
– Children (8-17 Years) – QR 20.00
– Any applicable additional charges e.g. meals, tips etc.
For more information or bookings click here.