Talk show host Jimmy Kimmel was simply trying to cook a turkey when his hair and eyebrows were burned
Jimmy Kimmel accidentally burnt his hair and eyebrows while cooking Thanksgiving dinner.
The talk show host was preparing to cook a turkey for the holiday but disaster soon struck.
Taking to Instagram, the 54-year-old shared a selfie that showed the tips of his hair as well as his eyebrows scorched from the flames.
Jimmy seemed to be in high spirits and captioned the post: “happy thanksgiving everyone. try not to burn your hair and eyebrow off lighting the oven!”
His daughter Katie, 30, seemed to be over her dad’s shenanigans and commented: “Again?????”
“Yep,” Kimmel replied to his daughter, whom he shares with ex-wife Gina Kimmel. “It’s now a holiday tradition.”
Meanwhile, DJ Khaled seemed concerned about the situation and posted: “Take it easy my brother love and blessings to you and your family , happy holidays.”
After burning parts of his hair off, Jimmy returned to his Instagram page to show off his cooked turkey.
“Burnt hair-smoked turkey,” he joked in the caption.
Jimmy smized for the camera as he held up the perfectly cooked turkey and moved on from the fire incident.
Just last year, the talk show host made an appearance on The Ellen Show where he discussed another fire-related situation.
On the Fourth of July that year, a ‘massive explosion’ started spitting from his barbecue.
“I haven’t told anybody about this but on July 4th I did a very stupid thing,” he explained.
“I turned the gas on on the grill and then I went for a little walk to look for matches. And then when I came back I thought, ‘Hmm, I should probably open the lid and air this thing out, maybe turn it off and start over again.’ “
He added: “And then I thought, ‘No, I’m not going to do that. What I’ll do is I’ll light a piece of paper on fire, then throw it into the grill.’ I did that, and there was a massive explosion in my face.
“I burned my beard off and my eyebrow off and my eyelashes off.”
Jimmy and fire seem to get along really well as the star used flames while presenting the first award at the 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards.
The pair are great friends and were taking no chances ahead of announcing Catherine O’Hara as the winner of outstanding lead actress in a comedy series for her role in Schitt’s Creek.
Extra precautions were needed and the presenting pair jokingly decided to “sanitise” the winner’s envelope, dousing it in Lysol spray before setting fire to it.